Current owners of Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition will be able to upgrade to the new version of Minecraft by downloading it from Nintendo eShop for free!
This new version will let you play together across different devices, access a multitude of content through the Minecraft Store and get all future game updates, starting with Update Aquatic.
Minecraft is a game about placing blocks and going on adventures. Build anything you can imagine with unlimited resources in Creative mode, or go on grand expeditions in Survival, journeying across mysterious lands and into the depths of your own infinite worlds. Will you hide from monsters or craft tools, armor and weapons to fight back? No need to go alone! Share the adventure with friends in split-screen multiplayer and online!
With constant updates and community creations, Minecraft is bigger, better and more beautiful than ever before. Explore amazing player-made maps, thrilling minigames and more! Band together with friends playing on phone, Windows 10 or console, set up your own online world with Realms*, or join one of the massive player-run servers*! There are so many ways to play!
- Play and share with friends on mobile, PC and console
- Discover community creations in the new in-game store
- Access new mini games and game modes through Servers
- Share the couch with four player split screen
- Play on the go in handheld or tabletop modes
- Includes Super Mario Mash-Up, Natural Texture Pack, Biome Settlers Skin Pack, Battle & Beasts Skin Pack, Campfire Tales Skin Pack
- After June 21st, 2018, " Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition " (2017) will no longer be available for purchase from the Nintendo eShop. Existing owners can continue to play. *Existing owners will be able to re-download this version if needed.
- Players of "Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition" (2017) will be able to convert their worlds to "Minecraft" (2018), but should expect the process to take some time. There is currently no way for Minecraft: Wii U Edition worlds to transfer to "Minecraft" (2018) on Nintendo Switch.
- While The Super Mario Mash-Up Pack is pre-installed with the game, to access the remaining DLC packs included with the base game purchase you must download them from the in-game store.
- A Microsoft Account is free and by signing in on device allows Minecraft players on Nintendo Switch to play with others on non-Nintendo devices. It also enables the portability of Minecoins and in-game store purchases to other devices.
- You can purchase Minecoins in Nintendo eShop. Minecoins let you buy content in our in-game store, safely and securely. Minecoins are kept in your virtual wallet and can be used in Minecraft on other devices if you have a Microsoft Account.
Was this review helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this review:
We are striving for excellence and want to become better.
We appreciate and encourage any feedback.
Please, share your thoughts on our website – leave us a message on the «Contact us» page.